We use the following cookies:
1. Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our platforms. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our platforms.
2. Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our platforms when they are using them. This helps us to improve the way our sites and/or the App works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
3. Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our platforms. This enables us to personalize our content for you and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
4. Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visits to our platforms, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our platforms and any advertising displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
5. Remarketing cookies. You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so called “remarketing cookie” during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc. to encourage you to come back to our site. We cannot proactively reach out to you as the process is entirely anonymized.
Google Analytics are used widely by websites and mobile applications to collect information about how visitors use a site and/or the App. We may use Google Analytics cookies to collect information about how users use our platforms and to improve our platforms.
Google Analytics collect information in an anonymous form and will not allow us to identify you or collect any personal information about you.
Google Analytics do not track your internet activity after leaving our platforms.
Social media cookies:
Our platforms may contain buttons and content from social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube to enable you to share content from our platforms with your social media networks. If you use these features, these social media sites may use their own cookies. Information on how these are used can be found on their respective websites.
Third parties’ cookies:
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access all or parts of our platforms.
It may be that your concerns around cookies relate to so called “spyware”. Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive.